Home FamMail iRattler FamCast
Registrars Office

Faculty/Staff Directory  Faculty/Staff Directory
Phone  850.599.3115
Fax  850.561.2428

Registrars Office
1700 Lee Hall Drive
105 Foote-Hilyer Administration Center
Tallahassee, FL. 32307

Withdrawal from the University
Regulation of Florida A&M University 2.007)

(1) A student who desires to voluntarily withdraw from the University must report to his or her assigned academic advisor and explain the circumstances which he/she feels necessitates the withdrawal. If the request is approved, a Request for Withdrawal Form (Official University Withdrawal Form), which is incorporated herein by this reference, will be completed and signed by the student, academic advisor, academic department chair and academic dean. The Withdrawal forms are available at the Registrar website

(2) Once the withdrawal process has been initiated, the student is required to complete the Housing and Rattler Card Office cancellation forms. The student must relinquish all residence hall keys to the Residence Hall Director and his/her meal plan card to the Office of Auxiliary Services after completing the appropriate cancellation forms. The withdrawal form must then be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Advisors should also refer students to the Office of Financial Aid for an exit interview if the student receives Financial Aid.

(3) No student will be permitted to file a Withdrawal Form within the last five weeks of the semester without receiving failing grades, unless unusual circumstances, as determined by the University Withdrawal Committee, are established.

(4) Any student who voluntarily withdraws from the University during the registration or late registration period will not receive grades at the end of the semester. Those who officially withdraw after the last day to register will receive a grade of “W” at the end of the semester. A grade of “WF” for each course will be assigned to any student who leaves the University without filing the Withdrawal Form with the University Registrar.

(5) Advisors should refer students to Counseling Services for post-enrollment treatment referral if the student shows evidence of psychological distress.

Withdrawal from a course(s)
ithdrawal from a course must be accomplished prior to the published deadline. A machine printed “W” will appear on the class roll/grade roll for all courses for which a student has been withdrawn. No refund of fees is made.

Administative Withdrawal
student may be administratively withdrawn with fee liability from a course(s) by the academic department if the student registered for the course without appropriate signature or permission. Students who are administratively withdrawn from the University for violation(s) of the University’s Student Code of Conduct are not entitled to any refund from any fees paid during the semester in which there is cause for withdrawal.

Involuntary Administrative Withdrawal
student will be subject to involuntary administrative withdrawal from the University, or from University housing, if it is determined by the Dean of Students that the student is suffering from a mental disorder as defined by the current edition of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and as a result of the mental disorder. (Regulation 2.007).

University Withdrawal Committee Student may petition the University Withdrawal Committee for a retroactive (after the published term withdrawal deadline) term withdrawal based on documented circumstances beyond the student’s control within 12 months after the end of the term for which the withdrawal is sought. Students seeking retroactive course withdrawal should report to the Registrar’s Office for further direction. Students should be aware that requests for withdrawal and retroactive term withdrawals will negatively impact the award of current and future financial aid as well as enrollment status for the affected term. Additionally, withdrawals are considered attempts and may incur excess credit surcharges. Please see Excess Credit Hours information elsewhere in this publication.