Freshman Critical Thinking Seminar SeriesCurrently being updated...
The Freshman Critical Thinking Seminar Series is a co-curricular activity designed to enhance students’ critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills by involving them in interactive discussions dealing with real-life situations. All incoming freshman students are required to attend the sessions.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Student participants will demonstrate satisfactory critical thinking skills as demonstrated by their ability to:
- Effectively identify, gather, and process relevant information or evidence;
- Effectively analyze and evaluate information or evidence;
- Make informed judgments about the validity of information and the arguments of others; and
- Use relevant information to solve problems.
- Surveys will be administered at the conclusion of each session to assess the degree to which students have achieved the targeted learning outcomes.