Length of Orientation
· The Student Orientation Program lasts two and a half (2 ½) days.
· Students must attend all sessions.
· The Parent/Family Program lasts two (2) days. The Parent/Family Orientation is Optional
Who Should Attend
· All freshman students admitted for the summer.
· Access Summer Bridge Program
· CEDAR Summer Program
What to Expect
Orientation is an exciting time. There is a lot to accomplish in a very short period of time. Think of it as a snapshot of what you’ll experience as a student. Below are a few helpful hints to make your orientation experience enjoyable.
· Weather - think hot thoughts! Tallahassee in June is HOT, humid and often wet!
· Terrain - Have you heard? FAMU sits on the highest of seven hills on over 400 acres. Be prepared for Walking, Walking and (you guessed it) more Walking!
· Days & Nights - Early mornings and late evenings are all too common during orientation. Be prepared for a full day of events every day that you’re here. Orientation is serious business but don’t worry we’ll do our best to make sure you have fun too!
· Orientation participants requiring accommodations for disabilities should contact the Center for Disability Access and Resources (CeDAR) at 850-599-3180 two weeks prior to your session.
Family Orientation Program
The Orientation Family Program includes a series of sessions and presentations designed specifically for parents/family members.
· Family members will become familiar with the campus and its resources.
· Learn about the services that are available to their student
· Gain insight into the kinds of adjustments students and their families will face during their transition to college life.
· Parents/Guardians are encouraged to attend Orientation with their students, however it is not mandatory. Family orientation will occur for 2 days (Wednesday & Thursday). It will conclude on Thursday evening.
· Non-registered individuals will not be allowed to attend orientations sessions/events and cannot receive printed or published materials.
A one-time mandatory orientation fee of $35.00 is charged to every freshman and transfer student during the first semester of enrollment. This charge will appear on the student’s account after he/she has registered for classes and must be paid with tuition. Please DO NOT mail this payment or include it into the Housing/Admissions deposit. The mandatory orientation fee will automatically be withdrawn from the students account during his or her first semester.
Additional Fees: (Upfront Cost- Paid through the VZorientation portal- NO MONEY ORDERS are accepted)
· Student Fee: $90.00 - Includes orientation meals and snacks, bag and materials. No housing is included; students must sign up for summer housing through the University Housing Office.
· Family Member Fee: $75.00 per person - Includes orientation meals and snacks, bag and materials. No housing is included for family members.
· Kids Fee (Ages 10 and under): $25.00 per person - Includes orientation meals, snacks, bag, and a fun activity. No housing is included for family members.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON
Orientation Registration Instructions
· Please have your 9 digit student ID# before attempting to complete Orientation registration.
· You are not registered until you have paid in full.
· Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a confirmation email.
· Please be aware that our emails sometimes are placed in bulk, spam, or junk email boxes. Please check those as well.
To register for Orientation click the following link: https://secure.vzorientation.com/FAMU