freshman, Transfer, & Family Orientation 2013
Thursday, November 29, 2012 or Thursday, January 3, 2013
8:30a.m. Perry Paige Auditorium
Register for Orientation Online now at https://secure.vzorientation.com/FAMU/
Schedule of Events
8:30 – 9:00 Get Your Gear!
Perry Paige Auditorium (All Students)
It’s orientation registration. Receive your orientation
and enrollment materials and get ready for a great day!
9:00 – 9:30 Welcome to FAMU
9:30 - 12:00 Testing Breakout - Freshman Only
9:30 – 12:00 Student Services
Find out about student services, campus and community resources
as well as organizations available to you on campus.
9:30– 10:05 Student Health Services
Center for Disability, Access, and Resources (CeDAR)
10:05-10:45 Financial Aid
Student Financial Services
10:45-11:30 Auxiliary Services
Wells Fargo Banking Services
Campus Safety/Parking Services
11:30– 1:00 Lunch (On Your Own)
Available dining choices include:
Main Cafeteria located in the Student Services Building.
1:00-4:00 Academic Advisement & Registration (Various Locations)
You will meet with your academic advisor and enroll in
spring semester classes.
Please Note: Schedule is subject to change without prior notices.
Classes begin Monday, January 7, 2013
· All students must meet Immunization Requirements before registering for classes.
No Exceptions Will Be Made!!!
- All students need to set-up their iRattler username and password in order to register for classes.
To do so, please visit famu.edu/uac or call the Help Desk @ 1-850-412-HELP (4357).
- Transfer students should bring an unofficial copy of your transcript from your previous institution. This will assist your advisor when helping you to select your courses.
- Make sure you have secured housing for the spring and summer semesters.
After you have registered for your classes you will :
- Get your picture taken for your student ID card
- Sign up for your meal plan (required for on-campus traditional residence halls).
- Register for your parking decal. (If applicable)
- Immunization requirements must be met before you can register for classes. Please mail the immunization documentation to the STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES OFFICE. Do not mail your records to the Orientation Office. Always bring a copy of your immunization records with you to orientation. No Exceptions Will Be Made!!!
- Transfer students must provide an official final transcript from each institution attended as well as CLEP score reports (if applicable) no later than 60 calendar days after the semester begins.
- Complete and submit your 2012-2013 FAFSA form online @ www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Make sure you have secured housing for the spring semester. There is a $350.00 deposit to secure on campus housing. Check with housing for space availability @ 850-599-3651.
- Students who have earned less than 30 semester hours and who live on campus are not allowed to register vehicles.
Arrival & Parking
- Please stop by the Parking & Visitor Information Center located at the corner of Wahnish Way and Gamble (bldg. 042-campus map) to obtain a free temporary parking decal.
- General Parking is available at Bragg Memorial Stadium, the University Parking Garage located on Wahnish Way, and the General Parking Lot located at the corner of Osceola and MLK Blvd.
- Permanent Parking Decals may be obtained only after you have registered for classes. Please note that only students who have accumulated at least 30 semester credit hours will be issued permanent parking permits. Please be mindful that vehicles parked on campus without a permit are subject to be ticketed and or booted/towed at the owner’s expense.