SPRING 2019 FRESHMAN ORIENTATION
Thursday & Friday, January 3-4, 2019
Please read all instructions before attempting to register.
Length of Orientation
· The Student Orientation Program lasts two (2) days.
· Students must attend all sessions.
· There is NO separate Parent/Family Member Orientation Program. Parents/Family members are welcome to attend the student orientation sessions.
Who Should Attend
· All admitted freshman students for the Spring 2019 semester.
· Parents/Guardians are encouraged to attend Orientation with their students, however it is not mandatory.
What to Expect
Orientation is an exciting time. There is a lot to accomplish in a very short period of time. Think of it as a snapshot of what you’ll experience as a student. Below are a few helpful hints to make your orientation experience enjoyable.
· Weather - think hot thoughts! Tallahassee in June is HOT, humid and often wet!
· Terrain - Have you heard? FAMU sits on the highest of seven hills on over 400 acres. Be prepared for Walking, Walking and (you guessed it) more Walking!
· Orientation participants requiring accommodations for disabilities should contact the Center for Disability Access and Resources (CeDAR) at 850-599-3180 two weeks prior to your session.
A one-time mandatory orientation fee of $35.00 is charged to every freshman and transfer student during the first semester of enrollment. This charge will appear on the student’s account after he/she has registered for classes and must be paid with tuition. Please DO NOT mail this payment or include it into the Housing/Admissions deposit. The mandatory orientation fee will automatically be withdrawn from the students account during his or her first semester. Since orientation is only two (2) day, housing is NOT provided during Transfer Student Orientation.
THERE ARE NO UPFRONT COST FOR ORIENTATION
Move-in for Orientation is Thursday, January 3rd. Students will move into their assigned housing. You must already have a housing assignment to move in on January 3rd and you must be fully registered for Orientation.
Orientation Registration Instructions
· Please have your 9 digit student ID# before attempting to complete Orientation registration.
· You are not registered until you hit the submit button.
· Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a confirmation email.
· Please be aware that our emails sometimes are placed in bulk, spam, or junk email boxes. Please check those as well.
To register for Orientation click the following link: https://secure.vzorientation.com/FAMU