Honorably Discharged Graduate Assistance Program (HDGAP)
The 2015 Florida Legislature appropriated $1 million state-wide for the Honorably Discharged Graduate Assistance Program (HDGAP) for the 2015-16 academic year.
The appropriation will provide need-based veterans educational benefits in the form of supplemental living expenses during holiday and semester breaks. This program is for undergraduate AND graduate students.
To be eligible students must meet all of the requirements below:
- Be an active duty or honorably discharged member of the Armed Forces who served on or after September 11, 2001;
- Be a Florida resident;
- Be enrolled in a degree seeking program of study (undergraduate or graduate);
- Complete an error-free 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Have sufficient unmet need as defined by the FAFSA.
- Be enrolled in the Fall semester 2015;
- Be registered for the Spring 2016 semester.
- Complete all required applications/documents by the November 30th deadline.
Eligible students may receive up to 20 days at $50.00 per day in benefits ($1,000). However, the actual amount will be based on the number of eligible students. The actual amount may be significantly lower.
All funding will be disbursed during the Fall semester.For additional questions or concerns, please call our office at (850)599-3730.