EIT ACCOMPLISHMENTS – FY 12-13 (July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013)
Enterprise Information Technology is comprised of several units as specified below.
The Application Management and Development unit is responsible for the management and maintenance of the iRattler/PeopleSoft System. This team works with the various administrative offices on campus to ensure that the iRattler/PeopleSoft Application meets the needs of the campus community. FAMU currently has the iRattler Financials, Human Capital Management (HCM) and Campus Solutions modules in production.
The EIT Services Unit is responsible for providing PC, Server and Telecommunications support as well as Web and Helpdesk Services to the campus community.
The Network Infrastructure unit is responsible for the design and maintenance of the Campus Network. This team works to ensure that the campus network is available to students, faculty and staff 24 hours /7days a week.
The Information Security unit is responsible for creating and maintaining strict security protocols and a robust information security plan for Florida A&M University that is consistent with University, State and Federal guidelines.
The Florida A&M University Center for Public Computing and Workforce Development (CPCWD) is a grant funded project through the Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP). The Center provides free computer training and access to the computing services to the university community to include Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Bay, Escambia, and Jackson counties.
The accomplishments below are listed by Unit:
Center for Public Computing and Workforce Development Accomplishments
• The CPCWD provided general and specialized training and free computer access to over 47,000 visitors
• CPCWD collaborated with the Tallahassee Housing Authority (THA), various churches, neighborhood centers and other community organizations to enable convenient access to CPCWD virtual programs.
• Assisted job seekers with individual tutoring on the use of various software programs, printing of resumes andcover letters.
Network Infrastructure Team Accomplishments
• Implemented, in conjunction with the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences- Crestview Campus, a new Video Tele-presence System; which is used to facilitate real time teaching of classes between the main campus and the Crestview campus.
• Completed a nearly one million dollars network core upgrade for the university. This upgrade provides support to all university devices and applications.
EIT Services Team Accomplishments
• Completed a campus wide upgrade of the email system for students, faculty and staff. Faculty and Staff were upgraded to Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Students were upgraded to Office365 and exported to the cloud.
• Completed Phase I of the installation of the Siemens Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP} upgrade for the University Commons and Gore Education Complex. This telephony upgrade will reduce Telecommunication costs and will be eventually expanded to the entire campus.
• Completed PC/lab refresh by providing new computers to the following areas: University Commons, Gore Education Complex A, B, and C, Tucker Hall, Foreign Languages, Graduate Studies, Allied Health Science and Nursing.
Information Security Team Accomplishments
• Enhanced online security protocols by strengthening password procedures.
• Developed, monitored and implemented corrective plans to address 2012-13 Operational Audit Findings.
• Developed and implemented a Data Loss Prevention procedure.
iRattler Human Capital Management (HCM) Team Accomplishments
• Upgraded the Human Capital Management Application from PeopleTools 8.49 to 8.51 and upgraded operating database from DB2 to Oracle.
• Completed 85% of the upgrade of Human Capital Management Application from 8.9 to 9.1 to include implementation of Talent Acquisition and Candidate Gateway. This will allow individuals interested in employment opportunities at the University to apply online.
iRattler Financial Management Solution (FMS) Team Accomplishments
• Developed and implemented the Operating Budget History Year and Current Year data extract process to produce the Operating Budget and Expenditure Analysis Reports for the Florida Board of Governors.
• Re-implemented Phase I of the Bank Reconciliation process which provides automated check and deposit reconciliation for the University's Operating Bank Account.
iRattler Student Team Accomplishments
• Developed and implemented an on-line Anti-Hazing Agreement. All students must agree and accept this agreement, which outlines the University’s Anti-Hazing guidelines, before being able to register.
• Developed and implemented an on-line Admissions application for Graduate and Distance Learning students.
• Developed and implemented a process to load student photos and to display them on the Faculty Class Rosters.
• Developed and implemented enhanced grading processes to comply with Federal Financial Aid guidelines.
• Designed and implemented a process that allows undergraduate students to participate in a variety of on-line educational services offered by the Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC). This process enables students to apply online to any Florida state college/university and track the online transient enrollment forms. This process also enables financial aid to request the electronic Cost of Attendance and Enrollment records used for processing transient student aid.
• Designed and implemented a Web Prospect Card. This feature allows prospective students to enter biographical and self-reported academic information online. In addition the prospect can indicate school attended and academic interest. Functionality also includes the ability for the enrollment management staff to track prospects, gather trending data and communicate with prospective students.
iRattler Technical Team Accomplishments
• Migrated all of FAMU’s iRattler Enterprise Applications (HCM, Financials, Campus Solutions and Enterprise Portal) from one Application Service Provider (ASP) to CedarCrestone:
o This process included upgrading the Enterprise Portal application from version 8.8 to 9.1 and a PeopleTools upgrade; Enterprise Portal PeopleTools was upgraded from 8.43 to 8.52, HCM PeopleTools was upgraded from 8.46 to 8.51 and Financial & Campus Solutions PeopleTools was upgraded from 8.49 to 8.51
o LDAP authentication (single sign-on) was implemented in Enterprise Portal for accessing all iRattler Applications
o Migrated the HCM database from DB2 to Oracle 11g.
o The project was completed on time and within budget. The result of this migration eliminated application downtime and slow performance during peak periods
• Designed and developed a process in iRattler Campus Solutions Self-Service Student Center to add a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) pop up notification page on the “View Financial Aid” link. Students must agree to the notification before proceeding to the Financial Aid page.
• Designed and implemented, in consultation with HighPoint Consulting, the iRattler Mobile Application which allows users to access to register for classes, view grades, tuition fees, financial aid, the schedule of classes and course catalog, campus map, campus news, parking services information and the Bus Shuttle Services.
• Designed and developed a process in iRattler Campus Solutions application for students to download the Term Withdrawal form. This process will track students who are in the withdrawal process and facilitates the university’s compliance with Federal Title IV guidelines.