As of Thursday, July 1, 2021, Florida A&M University has returned to pre-COVID operating procedures. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m.-Noon and 1 p.m.-5 p.m. However, as a precaution and to continue to #ProtecttheFAMUly, those seeking an in-person office visit may be required to submit to a temperature check and may be asked to wear a mask before entering the office.
You may contact our team via email or by phone and we will respond to your message within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, please call 850.599.3024. Please continue to practice health and safe social spacing precautions to protect yourself duirng this global pandemic. Visit www.fa www.famu.edu for FAMU's COVID-19 updates. Stay Safe!
Because protecting FAMU is our top priority, the FAMU College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities (CSSAH) encourages our faculty, staff and students to practice the safety measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and support preventative measures FAMU has implemented to ensure we all remain healthy.
Let’s #ProtectTheFAMUly by following these safety procedures to make sure we do our part to remain healthy:
Wash or sanitize hands
Wear a face mask or face covering
Maintain a distance of at least six feet
About the Department of Music
The mission of the Florida A&M University Department of Music is to provide the highest quality music at the undergraduate level for music majors embarking on careers as teachers, scholars, performers or composers. It is also the mission of the department to teach non-majors and members of the community about music as a part of human culture and experience.
To carry out its select mission, the Florida A&M University Department of Music commits itself to the following goals:
- Realize in practice its commitment to the developmental function of higher education and the ideal of accessible public education
- Provide undergraduate programs and curricula of the highest quality for students aspiring to careers in music.
- Provide students who do not wish to pursue professional degrees in music with opportunities to explore musical interests and develop musical skills and knowledge.
- Maintain a positive learning and working environment that attracts and retains a high quality and diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Create a rich and collaborative community of independent and self directed artist/scholars by supporting faculty and student creative, scholarly, and service initiatives.
- Provide professional service to school music programs and arts and arts education agencies and organizations.
- Serve the cultural needs of the University, community, and state through concerts, lectures, festivals, and other public events.
- Maintain the highest level of professional, artistic, curricular, and pedagogical integrity in all areas of operation.
Florida A&M University
Department of Music
206 Foster-Tanner Music Bldg.
Tallahassee, FL 32307-4400