Jobs for Economists and Fields of SpecializationTypes of jobs Economists do:
1. Economists are hired by banks to assess the risk of investing (domestically and internationally).
2. Economists work for manufacturing and service firms to help them determine new methods of producing, marketing, and pricing their products.
3. Economists work for government agencies to help design policies that help fight crime, disease, poverty, pollution, etc.
4. Economists are hired by international organizations (such as the World Bank, IMF, WTO, and U.N) to help create aid programs for less developed countries, advice on trade issues, and international lending.
5. Economists are hired by the media to help the public interpret global, national, and local economic events.
6. Economists work for non-profit organizations in providing advice on controlling costs and raising funds more effectively.
Fields of Specialization
1. Macroeconomic theory
2. Microeconomic Theory
3. Labor Economics
4. Public Finance
5. Agricultural Economics
6. Urban and Regional Economics
7. History of Economic Thoughts, Methodology
8. Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematical Economics-Quantitative Economics
9. Money and Banking
10. Comparative Economic systems
11. Economic Development
12. Government and Business Regulations
13. Environmental Economics
14. Industrial Organization
15. Political Economy and Public Choice
16. Economic Planning
17. Policy Analysis
18. Law and Economics
19. Health Care Economics
20. Social welfare Policy
21. International Economics