Office of Sponsored Programs
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), located in suite 400, Foote-Hilyer Administration Center , is an administrative unit under the direction of the Vice President for Research. The staff assists faculty and administrators in the acquisition and management of external funds, principally from governmental agencies (state and federal) to support research, training and other sponsored projects. The office provides assistance to faculty in the development of collaborative responses to specific RFPs/RFAs, the administrative review of proposals prior to submission to the funding agency and assistance with fiscal management and compliance issues for funded projects and contract monitoring.
The research activities of the faculty and administrators generate approximately 20% of the University's budget via sponsored projects. Fueled by increases in degree program offerings and faculty capabilities, the University has experienced continuous growth in the amount of external funding for sponsored projects over the past 10 years. This success in securing grants and contracts can be attributed to the aggressive leadership of the administration, the commitment and dedication of the faculty, the quality of the students and the tireless efforts of the OSP staff.
The office assist principal investigators in the acquisition and management of external funds by:
- Providing administrative review of proposals prior to submission to funding agencies;
- Assisting in the development of proposals to potential sponsoring agencies;
- Serving as a liaison between faculty and other administrative units within the University and between faculty and funding agencies;
- Negotiating awards and preparing subcontracts to other institutions and organizations.
- Assuring Compliance with Federal and State regulations.