Institutional proposals are proposals submitted by Florida A&M University to a funding sponsor that limits the number of proposals the sponsor will receive by any one institution. When the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is made aware of institutional proposals, the OSP web page will be updated with information specific to the proposal, such as the proposal's due date and the number of proposals the sponsor will accept. The information will also be sent in an e-mail to all faculty.
The white paper for institutional proposals must include the following information:
- A statement regarding the ability of the proposed Principal Investigator and each member of the project team to successfully secure and complete the project;
- A description of project team's track record with the Division of Research in securing and managing grants;
- An indication of whether the proposal requires institutional costs, such as cash or in-kind match (If so, identify the funding source.);
- A description of how the project will benefit FAMU; and
- The goals and objectives of the project.
- A description of the project's planned collaborative effort.
The PI should send this information to OSP at least 30 days before the proposal is due, if possible. However, if the OSP finds that the proposal is due within a short time-frame, the Vice President for Research will decide which proposal to submit to the sponsor.
If the number of white papers received by OSP is greater than the number of proposals allowed by the funding sponsor, the Vice President for Research will convene an Ad Hoc Subcommittee of the Faculty Research Advisory Committee (FRAC). The Vice President for Research will appoint members to the Ad Hoc Subcommittee according to the scope of the RFP. The subcommittee will review the white papers and make recommendations to the Vice President for
Research on which proposals to submit for funding.
Listing of Institutional Programs
Total Number of Programs: 0
Number of Notices Filed
| || |
| || || |