CRITICAL CORE SKILLS
The Center for Global Security and International Affairs (CGSIA) at Florida A&M University is an Intelligence Community - Center of Academic Excellence (IC-CAE). It was established in the fall of 2009 to help prepare students for career opportunities within the intelligence community. Through its curriculum, professional development opportunities and cultural immersion experiences, students will develop the critical skill-sets necessary to obtain a competitive advantage in applying for internship/co-op opportunities in the IC.
IC Scholars will:
- Strengthen critical writing and thinking skills
- Develop critical language competencies
- Broaden their understanding of international political, economic, and cultural systems through study abroad and travel
- Develop a better understanding of the IC and associated agency career opportunities
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum 3.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be in good academic standing
- Complete the CAE Scholars Application. The following documents must be included with the application:
- Two (2) completed evaluations from a faculty member, academic advisor and/or employer.
- An unofficial college transcript
- A typed two-page personal statement/statement of interest