Consistent with the Mission of the Office of University Assessment(OUA) is the achievement of the following goals and objectives.
Academic Improvement - Strengthen the quality of student learning outcomes, reflective of the development of 21st-century skills needed to compete in an increasingly diverse and global society.
- Objective - Develop student learning goals and/or objectives with specific assessment measures consistent with best-practices for each academic program and use results to improve student learning outcomes and teaching effectiveness.
Service Improvement - Strengthen the quality of services provided by educational and administrative support units.
- Objective - Support the development of performance-based strategies and measures to monitor and document efficiency and effectiveness in conjunction with client satisfaction with the quality of services provided.
Accountability - Facilitate the implementation of assessment activities that meet and/or exceed accountability expectations established by the Florida Legislature, Board of Trustees and accrediting and licensing bodies.
- Objective - Facilitate the implementation of activities that will meet and/or exceed the accountability requirements mandated by the Florida Legislature, Board of Trustees and accrediting and licensing bodies.
Communication - Collect, analyze, maintain, communicate and disseminate institutional information to support assessment and general awareness of student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness.
- Objective - Support assessment committees in promoting communication relative to student learning outcomes across instructional programs, educational and administrative support units.
The specific Objectives of the Office of University Assessment are:
- To provide training to faculty and staff on assessment design and implementation strategies
- To develop and maintain a system of tracking and monitoring assessment and accreditation activities
- To document the results of assessment with emphasis on evidence of students achievement, program outcomes and institutional effectiveness
- To foster the use of assessment results for continuous program/unit improvement
- To disseminate assessment data as appropriate