Construction Engineering Technology Educational Objectives
Objectives are long-term goals that we set for our students.
1. Engineering Quality - Our graduates will engage in the productive practice of construction engineering to identify and solve significant problems across a broad range of application areas.
2. Our graduates will engage in successful careers in industry, academia, and public service, providing technical leadership for their business, profession and community.
3. Our graduates will enhance the economic well-being of Washington State through a combination of technical expertise, leadership and entrepreneurship.
4. Our graduates will adapt to new technologies, tools and methodologies to remain at the leading edge of construction engineering practice with the ability to respond to the challenges of a changing environment.
CET Student Outcomes
Outcomes are those skills and abilities we expect our students to have when they graduate from our program so they can achieve the objectives.
On graduation from the construction engineering program, our students will have:
1. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
2. an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
3. an ability to design a computing system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
4. an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
5. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve construction engineering problems
6. an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
7. an ability to communicate effectively
8. the broad education necessary to understand the impact of construction engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
9. a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
10. knowledge of contemporary issues
11. an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern construction engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Annual CET Student Enrollment
The annual student enrollment is shown below.
CET Graduation Data
The graduation data is shown below.