- Pathways Professions Conference - October 12th.
- FAMU BASE students - Virginia Tech University - April 2016.
- Dean Taylor receiving a USDA Certificate from the USDA Undersecretary, Catherine Woteki
- Fall 2015 Graduate!
- Famu Research & Extension Center in Quincy
- CAFS planting a tree on Earth Day at Blanche Ely High School.
- Experience CAFS!
- Coming in August 2016
- » Research
- » Center for Viticulture and Small Fruit Research
- » Program Areas
- » Vinification and Bioprocessing
Vinification and Bioprocessing
Our research is tailored to match the industry high demand for new knowledge and expertise on the vinification and healthy characteristics of southern wines. We conduct fundamental research in the area of healthy qualities of southern wines and provide training and experiential learning experience for students and industry clientele in the area of grape and small fruit enological characteristics and vinification qualities.
Ongoing research projects range from wine analysis and wine sanitation to understanding, characterization, and purification, of potential grape allergens; antioxidant capacities of phytochemicals in muscadine grapes; understanding the effect of grape phytochemicals in fighting obesity; phytochemical bioavailability and efficacy in preventing chronic diseases.