- » Naval Sciences
- » Warfare Communities
- » Navy
- » Restricted Line (RL) Officers
- » Information Professional
Information Professional (IP)
IP Option Execution
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Information Systems or Information Operations
IP Option officers will automatically be redesignated in the Restricted Line (RL) and designated 1600 upon completion of the following prerequisites:
- Surface Warfare qualification
- Be within at least 6 months of promotion to lieutenant, or completion of one at-sea division officer tour if on track for LCS.
- Favorable record review conducted by an administrative screening panel convened by IP community management.
IPs harness technology, information and knowledge to ensure battlespace dominance and mission success.
IPs operate, maintain, secure, plan and acquire the Naval network and the systems that support Navy operations and business processes.
IPs lead the Navy's network warfare missions developing tactics, techniques and procedures to realize tactical, strategic and business advantages afloat and ashore.
IPs drive interoperability with Joint, Allied and Coalition partners
IPs build professional excellence through a career-long continuum of education, training and certification and achievement of successive milestone qualifications and experience.
IPs optimize Naval organizational effectiveness through cutting edge information technologies, Knowledge Management techniques and a culture of innovation.
- Information Systems
- Information Assurance
- Knowledge Management
- Space System Acquisition
- Information Operations
- Combat Systems
- Chief Information Officer