Center for Viticultural Sciences
The mission of the Center for Viticultural Sciences and Small Fruit Research is to conduct research and provide service and support that will help the viticulture industry in Florida to become a viable industry (Florida Viticulture Policy Act, 1978).
Advances in both veterinary medicine technology and technique are the fuel firing the increased demand for well-trained individuals to work as veterinary technologists.
- » International Agriculture Programs
- » Farmer To Farmer
- » Volunteer Opportunities
- » Other Opportunities
- » Packaging and Labeling Specialist
Packaging and Labeling Specialist
Date Posted: August 20, 2010
Posting Deadline: Anytime
Inferior packaging and labeling in Haiti often prohibits producers from being able to reach their potential in sales. Since poor quality packaging is a great setback for Haitian products, this volunteer will begin a series of market studies and observations to help vendors develop a sustainable solution to their packaging problems.
By the end of this visit:
- The groups at hand will have selected their potential products and a study of the quality of current products will have been conducted
- All possible packaging will be listed
- Available packaging options will be piloted
- The volunteer and the vendor will decide on the best packaging
Desired Volunteer Qualification(s):
The volunteer should have extensive knowledge and experience with the packaging of starch, meats, jams, jellies, etc.
How to Apply: Please complete and submit the FAMU FTF Volunteer Application to the FTF Program staff.