Center for Viticultural Sciences
The mission of the Center for Viticultural Sciences and Small Fruit Research is to conduct research and provide service and support that will help the viticulture industry in Florida to become a viable industry (Florida Viticulture Policy Act, 1978).
Advances in both veterinary medicine technology and technique are the fuel firing the increased demand for well-trained individuals to work as veterinary technologists.
N’guessan hopes to introduce students and educators to the findings on her book to support further scientific research on the topic.
Entomology prepares individuals to seek positions in State and Federal agencies or private businesses that concern themselves with various entomological activities...
Center for Biological Control
The Mission of the Center is to…. generate, apply and transfer innovative, ecologically based solutions to pest problems affecting agriculture, natural resources, and human health while developing the human capacity for continued future innovation...
- » Cooperative Extension Program
- » Agriculture
- » Marketing
- » New and Beginning Farmer Training Program
New and Beginning Farmer Training Program
The New and Beginning Farmer Training Program is designed to provide educational opportunities and technical assistance that improves the likelihood of success for the next generation of small farmers.
The project is designed to equip new and beginning farmers with knowledge, skills and tools to make informed decisions that lead to successful agricultural operations.
The goal of the project is to use the basic business development model and apply it to agriculture operations; thus, tying business and marketing skills to agriculture, making it a seamless endeavor and increase the likelihood of economic profitability.
Program Long-term Outcomes
- Sustainable educational networks
- Best practice strategies for farm entry
- Increased number of new and beginning farmers successful starting and managing agricultural enterprises.
The proposed project also utilizes non-traditional approaches to extension training and assistance activities including:
- Web-based New and Beginning Farmer Training Program is self-directed and designed for new and beginning farmers to help them access the resources they need based on their goals, skills and progress in starting a farm enterprise operation.
- Youth Agricultural Entrepreneurship Training Program, implemented in collaboration with the New North Florida Cooperative, uses a hands-on approach working with small groups of young beginning farmers under the age of 25 to introduce the concepts of agricultural entrepreneurship and establish core business plans and practices that will enable them to start successful agricultural business ventures.
- Beginning Farmer Demonstration/Training, also established in collaboration with the New North Florida Cooperative, is designed to demonstrate and evaluate various alternative enterprises, production management practices and market development models. Hands-on training activities will be used to demonstrate the viability of alternative market opportunities including institutions, retail, and direct-to-consumer outlets. On-station enterprise production and market demonstrations will be complemented with business management seminars and workshops related to those enterprises and markets.