Center for Viticultural Sciences
The mission of the Center for Viticultural Sciences and Small Fruit Research is to conduct research and provide service and support that will help the viticulture industry in Florida to become a viable industry (Florida Viticulture Policy Act, 1978).
Advances in both veterinary medicine technology and technique are the fuel firing the increased demand for well-trained individuals to work as veterinary technologists.
N’guessan hopes to introduce students and educators to the findings on her book to support further scientific research on the topic.
Entomology prepares individuals to seek positions in State and Federal agencies or private businesses that concern themselves with various entomological activities...
Center for Biological Control
The Mission of the Center is to…. generate, apply and transfer innovative, ecologically based solutions to pest problems affecting agriculture, natural resources, and human health while developing the human capacity for continued future innovation...
About The Herd Health Program
The mission of the Herd Health Program is to train, and inform community-based clientele, students, and extension personnel in the application of sound science-based herd health programs designed to improve health, efficiency and management of food producing animals. Our emphasis is on programs that will demonstrate the prevention, control and/or management of pathogens, parasites, and other hazards from a herd, food safety, and bio-security approach.
Emphasis of our program includes the following:
- Prevention and control of diseases, parasites, and other pathogens in food producing animals (Our major emphasis is small ruminants), however we also provide support to cattle producers.
- Food Safety training, consultation, and support to producers, processors, and consumers.
- Biosecurity training to clientele
- Research and training in marketing/production/management of small ruminants.
- Training and support to aquaculture industry.
Our assets include a 270 acre farm managed by farm manager and staff.
Included on the farm are goat, cattle, swine and equine herds.