- Pathways Professions Conference - October 12th.
- FAMU BASE students - Virginia Tech University - April 2016.
- Dean Taylor receiving a USDA Certificate from the USDA Undersecretary, Catherine Woteki
- Fall 2015 Graduate!
- Famu Research & Extension Center in Quincy
- CAFS planting a tree on Earth Day at Blanche Ely High School.
- Experience CAFS!
- Coming in August 2016
- » Cooperative Extension Program
- » Agriculture
- » Food Safety and Bioterrorism
- » Healthful Value-added Goat Product Development
Healthful Value-added Goat Product Development
The objectives are:
- To collaborate with county agents and goat producers and meat processors in the development of value-added products from goats (i.e. milk, cheese, and meat products);
- To increase consumers awareness of the benefits of goat meat at a variety of events and activities including conferences, workshops, exhibitions and the Annual Goat Day held in Blountstown, Calhoun County of goat meat and the products.
- The potential audience includes small ruminant producers and other patrons attending the various events. The activities include:
- Collaborating with county agents, goat and sheep producers, meat processors and the Florida Meat Goat Association to encourage participation in goat field day events;
- Providing information to consumers attending events including conferences, workshops, exhibitions, educational tours and the Annual Goat Day held in Blountstown, Calhoun County including interactions with the animals and sampling various products based on various criteria and;
- Developing numerous goat products including milk, cheese and meat products for sampling based on various criteria.
The anticipated impact is to increase awareness of consumers of attending events including conferences, workshops, exhibitions and the Annual Goat Day held in Blountstown, Calhoun County of goat meat and the products. Increased consumer education will result in increased awareness and consumption of goat meat and value-added products.