Center for Viticultural Sciences
The mission of the Center for Viticultural Sciences and Small Fruit Research is to conduct research and provide service and support that will help the viticulture industry in Florida to become a viable industry (Florida Viticulture Policy Act, 1978).
Advances in both veterinary medicine technology and technique are the fuel firing the increased demand for well-trained individuals to work as veterinary technologists.
N’guessan hopes to introduce students and educators to the findings on her book to support further scientific research on the topic.
Entomology prepares individuals to seek positions in State and Federal agencies or private businesses that concern themselves with various entomological activities...
Center for Biological Control
The Mission of the Center is to…. generate, apply and transfer innovative, ecologically based solutions to pest problems affecting agriculture, natural resources, and human health while developing the human capacity for continued future innovation...
- » Cooperative Extension Program
- » Agriculture
- » Food Safety and Bioterrorism
- » Healthful Value-added Goat Product Development
Healthful Value-added Goat Product Development
The objectives are:
- To collaborate with county agents and goat producers and meat processors in the development of value-added products from goats (i.e. milk, cheese, and meat products);
- To increase consumers awareness of the benefits of goat meat at a variety of events and activities including conferences, workshops, exhibitions and the Annual Goat Day held in Blountstown, Calhoun County of goat meat and the products.
- The potential audience includes small ruminant producers and other patrons attending the various events. The activities include:
- Collaborating with county agents, goat and sheep producers, meat processors and the Florida Meat Goat Association to encourage participation in goat field day events;
- Providing information to consumers attending events including conferences, workshops, exhibitions, educational tours and the Annual Goat Day held in Blountstown, Calhoun County including interactions with the animals and sampling various products based on various criteria and;
- Developing numerous goat products including milk, cheese and meat products for sampling based on various criteria.
The anticipated impact is to increase awareness of consumers of attending events including conferences, workshops, exhibitions and the Annual Goat Day held in Blountstown, Calhoun County of goat meat and the products. Increased consumer education will result in increased awareness and consumption of goat meat and value-added products.