Center for Viticultural Sciences
The mission of the Center for Viticultural Sciences and Small Fruit Research is to conduct research and provide service and support that will help the viticulture industry in Florida to become a viable industry (Florida Viticulture Policy Act, 1978).
Advances in both veterinary medicine technology and technique are the fuel firing the increased demand for well-trained individuals to work as veterinary technologists.
- » Cooperative Extension Program
- » Agriculture and Natural Resources
- » Marketing and Agribusiness Management
- » Marketing
- » New and Beginning Farmer Training Program
- » New & Beginning Farmer On-line Training Program
New & Beginning Farmer On-line Training Program
The New & Beginning Farmer On-line Training Program consist of several educational modules developed specifically for new and beginning farmers to help them access the resources needed based on goals, skills and progress in beginning a farm operation.
The training curriculum utilizes concepts from the basic business development model and applies them to agriculture operations. This allows for tying business and marketing skills to agriculture, making it a seamless endeavor and increase the likelihood of economic profitability.
The training is designed to:
- Facilitate personal goals and resources assessment to launch an agricultural business.
- Provide business management training to facilitate business strategy and planning development, and define, focus and achieve business goals.
- Provide financial management training to facilitate development of sound accounting practices, understanding financial information, and determining financing needs, production costs, profitability and return on investment.
- Provide marketing training to assist with market feasibility for new or existing products, development of value-added products and general marketing strategies.
Utilize these modules at your own pace. Go back and review as often as you like.
Part 3: Where Do You Want to Go? – Developing Your Vision, Mission Statement and Identifying Goals
Part 4: What Steps Can You Take to Get Where You Want to Go? – Strategic Planning and Evaluation
Part 5: What Steps Will You Take and How to Check Your Progress? – Present, Implement and Monitor Your Business Plan