- Pathways Professions Conference - October 12th.
- FAMU BASE students - Virginia Tech University - April 2016.
- Dean Taylor receiving a USDA Certificate from the USDA Undersecretary, Catherine Woteki
- Fall 2015 Graduate!
- Famu Research & Extension Center in Quincy
- CAFS planting a tree on Earth Day at Blanche Ely High School.
- Experience CAFS!
- Coming in August 2016
- » Cooperative Extension Program
- » Agriculture and Natural Resources
- » Marketing and Agribusiness Management
- » Marketing
- » Marketing and Farm Business Management
Marketing and Farm Business Management
Small farmers often make management decisions without full consideration of such components as cost of production, financing, market demand, associated farm risk and profitability.
Access to fair and open markets for small-scale producers is perhaps the single most influential factor in determining the future structure of the farm production sector.
Program activities involve providing educational resources, training assistance, including workshops, enterprise and market demonstrations, field days and other group training activities.
Specific topics and issues addressed include:
Alternative Market Development Financial Management and Record Keeping
Farm Business Development Youth Entrepreneurship
Risk Management Education Enterprise Development and Production Practices
Accessing financial resources
Additional program activities involve the evaluation of existing and development of institutional, wholesale and retail markets, as well as value-added products for small-scale farmers.
Participating small-scale farmers have improved profitability of farm operations through incorporating alternative marketing strategies, alternative enterprises and production management, value-added production and use of irrigation and mechanical harvesting for their operations.
Alternative Marketing Opportunities
- Farm to School and other Institutional Markets
- Retail Outlets
- Community and other Direct Marketing
- Church-Supported Agriculture
- Community Supported Agriculture
- Farmers Markets